Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ctheory Interview With Paul Virilio(I) ; Cyberwar, God And Television: Interview with Paul Virilio

Published on Dec. 01, 1994 by Ctheory.net, around 15 years ago, but still valid and invoking intellectual stimulations

Cyberwar, God And Television: Interview with Paul Virilio 
Source : www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=62 

Some quotes ;

"Concepts are mental images"

"Television is a media of accidents, the museum of accidents"

"Virtual reality is a cosmic accident. It's the accident of the real."

"Virtual reality, Cyberspace ; That is no simulation, but substitution. The coexistence of two separate worlds..."

"GPS is the second watch that tells you where you are"

"I can see you" means "I can see you because I can't see what is behind you; I see you thru the frame I am drawing. I can't see inside you"

"Technologies converge toward... lead to a Deus ex Machina, a machine-God"

No comments: